The Together in Wrexham enabling grant scheme (the scheme) was established by the Council as a result of our commitment to support communities to come together to actively participate in delivering services.
The resource available for the scheme is finite, with monies set aside in a reserve. An annual review will determine the total amount available in the scheme fund for the following 12 months.
The panel will meet every three months to consider applications, following the schedule below:
|Deadline for applications||Panel to meet during:||Applicants notified of outcome during third week of:|
|28th February 2019||March 2019||April 2019|
|31st May 2019||June 2019||July 2019|
|30th August 2019||September 2019||October 2019|
|29th November 2019||December 2019||January 2020|
|28th February 2020||March 2020||April 2020|
All submissions will be considered on merit and with reference to the criteria specified below.
It is expected that any successful project will:
- Offer something new – funding is not available for ‘business as usual’ activities
- Be able to demonstrate tangible benefits to the wider community
- Support the volunteer ethos
- Actively encourage community cohesion
- Be self- sustainable, i.e. continue without further financial backing, once the grant/loan money is spent. With this in mind, funding will not be granted for operating costs, such as rent and salaries, or for one-off events.
The awarding process will take all five of the above criteria into account in equal measure; these will form the basis of the scoring matrix that will guide both Officers and Members of the Council when deciding upon awards.
All applications must be supported and countersigned by the most appropriate Community Council. Successful applicants must satisfy the Community Council that grant / loan funds have been expensed appropriately.
Together in Wrexham Fund “Enabling Grants” Application for Funding
- “Enabling Grants” Together in Wrexham Fund Application Form
- Map of Community Councils
- Town and community council contact details
Awards by Wrexham County Borough Council
Awards from the scheme by the Council can take one of two forms:-
- A grant up to the value of five thousand pounds (£5,000) OR
- An interest-free loan to the value of twenty thousand pounds (£20,000) repayable over a period commensurate with the nature of the scheme, and the benefits to be derived from the funding. It is expected that any payback period would not normally exceed five years, however this may not be strictly enforced where it can be evidenced that to do so would render the proposal unfeasible
- Together in Wrexham can accept only one successful application from any single organisation in any 12 month period
If you need advice on completing the application form, or on any elements of the submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of all successful bids
Please click here for a summary of all bids accepted by the funding panel.
WCBC’s Businessline provides funding advice and guidance to community groups, for example, sharing information about grant making trusts, and local research that may strengthen funding applications.
Association of Voluntary Organisations in Wrexham (AVOW) provides a free funding advice service. Click here for their dedicated funding page, linking to funding advice sheets, and an enquiry form.
You’ll find information on ‘Looking for funding’ under our ‘Groups’ tab too.